The Accelerate Learning's STEMscopes Inside Sales team serves the public, private and charter school communities across the country. If you are a goal-driven, solutions-oriented team player with a passion for K-12 STEM education, then we want to meet you!
In this role, you will build a pipeline of new business and drive sales of the award-winning STEMscopes Science curriculum while also growing existing partnerships with current customers in your assigned territory. You will own your accounts and the entire sales process from initial outreach until the order is placed, and you’ll do it all with support from a team invested in your success.
Successful reps quickly develop expert-level product knowledge and are confident interacting with everyone from superintendents to classroom teachers. If you want to help schools, teachers, and (most importantly) students succeed in science, then this is the perfect role for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain product expertise, including updates, changes, etc.
- Create and execute a sales plan and territory strategy to meet goals
- Hold effective consultations, presentations, and other customer meetings via video conferencing
- Explain product features/benefits/pricing, make recommendations, answer questions and overcome objections
- Make outbound phone calls (including cold calls) to drive sales and stay in touch with customers
- Conduct effective email communication to drive sales and respond promptly to inbound emails
- Build and maintain pipeline of qualified opportunities through prospecting activities such as cold-calling, emailing outreach, etc., and update the CRM regularly based on customer interactions
- Generate multiple quotes for customers and facilitate through to final sale
- Know territory’s key accounts, conferences, events, competitors, market trends, etc.
- Penetrate all assigned accounts to grow existing customer base
- Service current customers to ensure satisfaction, results, and renewal, and growth
- Respond to inbound leads promptly and convert
- Participate actively in team meetings and meet regularly with sales manager
- Contribute to positive team culture by sharing our strengths, focusing on solutions, being present, and asking for help when you need it
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with clients
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to process new information quickly
- Flexibility and adaptability, not afraid of change
- Must be successful at multi-tasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Strong self-initiative and attention to detail
- High energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as an individual and be a cooperative contributor in the team setting
- Capable of contributing to a positive team culture
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Interest in STEM education, especially K-12 Science
- Maintains a positive “can do” attitude
- Insatiable desire to win
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Google Office Suite
- CRM (ie. Salesforce) experience preferred but not required
- Virtual meeting platforms (ie. Zoom)
- Comfortable learning new computer and web apps, plugins, and extensions quickly
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- One year of sales experience preferred but not required
- Teaching or education leadership experience preferred but not required
Primarily must be able to work in front of a computer for prolonged periods of time. Other physical demands of the position include mobility throughout the day as needed to attend meetings and periodic conference presentations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required during evenings and weekend hours. Must be able to travel in and outside of Houston, TX for conferences, events, showcases and trainings.