The Corporate Partnerships Department at Events DC is positioned to dynamically grow revenue through venue naming rights, sponsorship, partnerships, advertising and contributions.
Events DC is seeking a proven sponsorship and sales professional to serve as Director of Corporate Partnerships. The position is responsible for leading a goals driven department that cultivates financial and strategic relationships with regional and national brands that invest in Events DC’s mission and its business objectives. The primary focus is to maximizing the effectiveness and results of the Events DC sponsorship agency, develop and manage a network of public and private leaders and oversee sponsorship fulfillment.
The incumbent will also oversee, delegate and maximize the return on investment of Events DC portfolio of marketing partnerships and sponsored relationships. The goal is to maximizing benefits across the organization and identifying synergies across Events DC partnerships.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President and Managing Director of the Sports and Entertainment Division.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong leadership abilities, outstanding presentation skills and exceptional motivational skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and customer relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain effective communications in pressure situations.
- Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, co-workers and the public.
- Significant relationships in the local, regional and national marketplace.
- Identify, develop and utilize new technology trends in sponsorship
- Ability to understand market trends and how they affect various industries
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to adapt to change in the work environment and manage competing demands
CORE COMPETENCIES (DIRECTOR)
- Human Capital
- Strategic Thinking
- Operational Effectiveness
- Financial and Expense Management
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical in assignment.
Corporate Partnerships Department
- Performs duties with high energy, accountability, urgency and integrity.
- Manage responsibilities of the department, including supervision and leadership of goal driven team members.
- Set and track specific revenue and sponsor metrics, upon which the success of all members of the department will be measured.
- Identify and price all sponsorship inventory on each of the three Events DC campuses (Walter E. Washington Convetion Center, RFK Campus and the St. Elizabeths Campus).
- Provide strategic leadership on revenue development and achieve financial synergies between all divisions and departments within Events DC.
- Share market driven insights on trends, opportunities and competition within the sports and entertainment industry.
- Oversee and manage the day to day relationship with the Events DC sponsorship agency.
- Drive revenue growth across all sponsorship platforms through the new sponsorship agency while consistently managing and leveraging relationships with prospects.
- In partnership with the sponsorship agency, create value-added sponsorship packages utilizing Events DC’s marketing assets to achieve corporate partner’s business objectives.
- Oversee account managers to execute on sponsorship commitments and ensure successful fulfillment of all contractual obligations.
- Indentify innovative activation opportunities for existing and potential partners.
- Work across all Events DC divisions, departments and venues to coordinate execution of sponsor benefits related to corporate partner commitments, including activation, signage, online and offline communication channels and collateral materials.
- Set policies, processes and procedures for the department based on national best practices.
Relationship Development and Management
- Develop and maintain direct relationships with senior level executives across all major industry category within the region.
- Build a network of public and private advocates for Events DC venues, projects and major events that it will host in the future.
- Research and identify prospective partners within specified categories.
- Target additional corporate relationships for future contributions to host committee efforts.
- Effectively implement and manage the corporate CRM for Events DC.
- Initiative social and business activities that generate engagement and connections between regional business leaders.
Events DC Sponsored Events
- Collaborate and coordinate with Events DC executives on events that the organization sponsors.
- Oversee and track sponsorship investments that Events DC makes and deliverables it receives.
- Maximize a strategic return on invest for Events DC.
- Delegate the relationship management and execution of sponsorship opportunities to other Events DC departments where strategic and most effective.
- Report on overall results and return on investment for all financial commitments.