Under the direction of the Director, Manager, Assistant Manager and Lead Meeting Services Supervisor, Meeting Services, the Meeting Services Supervisor is responsible for supervising Meeting Services Team Leaders and Meeting Services Associate staff and managing extensive set-up, inventory control, safety, training and equipment maintenance to support Center events. Incumbents in this position are responsible for delivering meeting space sets per customer specifications and Events DC’s quality assurance standards. Incumbents are responsible for understanding the organization and subscribing to its commitment to customer excellence. Responsibilities involve the ability to perform skilled work of a strenuous physical nature and require schedule flexibility to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Skill in the use of common manual and power labor tools.
- Experience reading and understanding basic floor plans.
- Experience conducting physical inventories.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate power trucks/forklifts.
- Ability to perform work of a strenuous physical nature.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
CORE COMPETENCIES (SUPERVISOR)
- Job Knowledge and Technical Expertise
- Human Capital
- Workplace Safety
- Oral and Written Communication
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to walk extended distances and climb stairs to access the interior and environs of the Center.
- Ability to read and write instructions, floor plans, forms and other written material.
- Ability to converse orally and utilize standard telephones and two-way radios to receive and communicate information with staff and customers.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and manipulate equipment and objects often weighing upwards of fifty (50) pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment.
- Interfaces with clients in a variety of settings (i.e., planning meetings, daily room checks).
- Responds to event managers’ requests to provide planned and on-demand client services.
- Assists the Manager and Assistant Manager, Meeting Services in planning, organizing and assigning day-to-day tasks and creating long range plans.
- Coordinates and assigns the work of Meeting Services Associates from oral and written instructions received on floor plans.
- Supervises the set-up and removal of equipment and furniture for events including, but not limited to, staging, turnstiles, movable walls, dance floors, chairs, risers, tables, etc.
- Supervises equipment storage and orderliness of storage rooms and service corridors.
- Supervises scheduled, detailed cleaning of meeting room furniture.
- Insures that meeting room set-ups are thoroughly inspected, to include, checking floors, windows ledges, lights, stains, soils, tears, feet of chairs, table and stage skirts.
- Assists in monitoring equipment and supply inventory.
- Loads and unloads supplies and materials.
- Documents and reports facility and/or equipment damage and contacts responsible departments for repair.
- Ensures that staff uses safe work methods and practices in performing tasks.
- Ensures that staff is responsive and courteous to customers, service contractors and co-workers.
- Ensures that proper work records are established and maintained.
- Provides on-the-job training for Meeting Services Associates.
- Clearly defines expectations and goals and evaluates the performance of, coaches, counsels and administers disciplinary action to subordinate staff.
- Performs a variety of related tasks and duties as assigned.