The Project Coordinator supports Senior Management of the Sports and Entertainment Division in the coordination and organization of new and ongoing projects. These tasks will involve monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. Work involves the performance of complex duties requiring substantial administrative experience and the ability to exercise considerable independent judgment. Successful candidate must be resourceful; and can proactively problem solve while making decisions independently. This candidate will also have the opportunity to greatly contribute to the division’s overall success and reports to the Senior Director of Business Development.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience as a project coordinator/executive administrative assistant.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding in the operation of office. machines including calculators and word/data processing equipment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Knowledge of correct use of English language.
- Ability to relate effectively with all levels of staff and the general public.
- Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate a pleasant, neat, and professional appearance.
- Job Knowledge and Technical Expertise
- Oral & Written Communication
- Attention to detail
- Planning & Organizing
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to read and write instructions, directions, letters, memos, floor plans, blueprints and other written materials.
- Ability to converse orally and utilize standard telephones and two-way radios to receive and communicate information to staff and customers.
EXAMPLES OF WORK ASSIGNED
- Monitor current projects and coordinates work with all team members involved to keep workflow on track.
- Assign new project tasks.
- Supports special events and projects hosted by the two departments.
- Initiates, implements, and advises on improvements in divisional procedures.
- Organize and plan meetings with project managers.
- Manages and inputs content in the Ungerboeck platform (CRM and event management tool).
- Arrange and coordinate with the assistance of team leadership; team goals/project schedules/new information and keep all material up-to date.
- Communicate timeline changes and new information to the team; track project changes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining all project-related paperwork; ensuring all needed materials are current and properly filed and stored.
- Strategize with department leaders, as well as and project managers when needed.
- Track and analyze project risks and recommend improvements.
- Coordinates department budgets and reports.
- Compiles materials and agendas for a variety of meetings.
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs.
- Maintain diary, arrange meetings and appointments and provide reminders for deadlines, meetings, etc.
- Acts as liaison for department leaders with clients, contractors, other divisions/departments, and a variety of officials.
- Establishes and maintains filing system.
- Answers and screens incoming telephone calls and takes messages.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure rigorous annotation and curation of data.
- Understand external regulations as well as Events DC policies and procedures and interprets their implications for the project and makes recommendations.
- Performs a variety of related tasks and duties as assigned.