The Senior Contracts and Procurement Analyst (SCPA) shall possess the experience and ability to provide guidance to stakeholder teams, while also ensuring consistency across Events DC’s contract and procurement department. The SCPA will be responsible for working with internal program offices to determine procurement process and compliance requirements. This position reports to the Director, Contracts and Procurement.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of federal and local procurement practices.
- Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workloads and deadlines
- Must possess outstanding research and analysis skills
- Must possess excellent English oral and written communication skills.
CORE COMPETENCIES (SPECIALIST)
- Job Knowledge and Technical Expertise
- Strategic Thinking
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to converse effectively, both orally and in writing and utilize standard telephones, 2 way radios, and smartphones.
- Ability to read instructions, directions, letters, memoranda, and other written materials
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment.
- Responsible for writing, reviewing, analyzing, modifying and negotiating contractual documents to achieve acceptable quality levels.
- Provides guidance and expertise regarding vendor contracts by collaborating with internal teams (i.e., Finance, Facilities, and the Sports and Entertainment Division) to ensure alignment on contract frameworks and standards.
- Analyzes vendor contracts to ensure accuracy before sending for approval; and advises on templates, processes, and policies.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; analyzing and implementing necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to organizational changes.
- Manages contracts with minimal direction to help meet the respective Events DC program objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.